Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Welcome to the World

I know most of you have been checking the blog for updates and I'm sorry it has taken me so long....it's been a little busy in the Cavanaugh Household :)

Thursday night, we headed to the hospital for our induction. I have to admit, it was not as bad as everyone said it would be. But what do I know..I've never done this before! We met with the physician on call, Dr. Beseski, who inserted the balloon to begin dilating my cervix. This would take place overnight. We had a slight scare when we were first admitted. As most of you may or may not know, I have a fear of needles, blood and such. (I know...and I"m getting ready to deliver a baby). The one nurse come in to insert my IV and misses TWICE....I'm ready to punch someone. They call in a special IV team to try the third time and during so, I hear a woman giving natural childbirth down the hall SCREAMING at the top of her lungs! WONDERFUL! To say the least, my blood pressure started to drop and and so did Baby Erin's as I began to pass out! Thank goodness I was in a hospital. Oxygen mask, and a few minutes later, we were both fine and the IV had been inserted. Whew...this is going to be a long night.

The next morning, my Doctor, came in at 7:00AM to see how far we had come. Thankfully, we were at 4cm dilation so they started up the Pitocin and on came the contractions. Nothing too bad and I was able to work through them easily and peacefully. Around 11:30, next step: Break the water and then it all went downhill from there. HARD CONTRACTIONS. Bed gripping, tear falling, I'm not going to make it through this contractions. Order me up the epidural! 40 minutes later. Epidural inserted and I felt wonderful. I could feel the contraction, but not the pain. Around 2:00, the nurse checked and we were ready to go. At 2:39 PM, we welcomed our beautiful daughter, Erin Nicole into this world!!!

Last official picture as only Husband and Wife! What a journey we are about to begin as parents!
It's go Time!! And Boy am I ready to meet this little lady!

I'M HERE!

Erin Nicole Cavanaugh
7lbs 12 oz
Born: 2:39 PM
July 1, 2011

My amazing doctor!!!

First "Proud Father" photo!!!

1st Family Photo!! I am so blessed!!

I'm a Mom!
Welcome to the World

2 comments:

Julia said...

She's so beautiful and you look so happy! I'm so very, very excited for you. Congratulations!

Ashley said...

You only pushed for 9 minutes?? OMG! So lucky. I mean, I didn't push at all, but I hear that can take hours! Glad it all went smoothly minus the IV issues! So excited for you!