Large. Slow. Out of breath. Back aches. Exhausted. It hit me like a ton of bricks this week. I actually went to bed at 7:30 last night. What in the world has happened? This giant belly I think! I know that I shouldn't be concerned about weight gain and how I look and such..I just can't help it. I get out and walk during the week at work and a few nights a week with Joe...yet I am constantly hungry! Famished! All.Day.Long! My doctor says my weight is fine and I'm where I should be, but I think it's the other people in this world that make me question myself. For example: When women come up to me and ask me when I am due. When I say July2nd...they respond with "OH!" Makes me feel like I am this giant hippopotamus that looks like she is ready to explode and they can't believe that I have 12 more weeks to go. Sheesh..give a woman some credit! I have a few wedding pictures that I keep on my desk for a small reminder that I will look like that again..someday and it's all worth it right now! ;)
So..here you go:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (
like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
Your Body
Have you turned into a stereotypical pregnant person and developed a waddle? Have you even noticed your new walk? Once again, this can be chalked up to the wonderful pregnancy hormones that have relaxed your joints and spread your hips to make the birth canal wider.
Your Baby
Baby will be getting some color this week — eye color, that is. Pigment will fill in your baby's irises, but it might take six months after he/she is born for the eyes to settle in to their true color. Eyelashes, eyebrows and hair are continuing to grow, and brain tissue is rapidly increasing. You'll also be happy to know that your baby is plumping up as more much-needed body fat develops (one step closer to those adorable baby thigh rolls and Buddha belly), even though he/she still only weighs 2 ½ pounds.
1 comment:
You look amazing! :)
Post a Comment