Joe and I had a conversation last night about why I don't go out and do more things with Erin. I asked him what he meant, and he said that he was surprised that I don't venture out with her more often: going to the food store, shopping, etc. I explained to him that the timing never seemed to be right and that on days where I work and she is home with me - I am EXHAUSTED to go run around afterward.
So, today, I decided to venture out and do some errands. Joe was away at a bachelor party (Golfing) and I needed to get a few things done. To say the least, what would normally have taken me ....oh say....two hours...turned into 5 hours. Here is a look at my day:
5:00AM - Erin woke up. Ate and went back to bed about 6.
7:00AM - I decided to go back to sleep for just a little bit
9:00AM - Joe left for the gold outing and Erin got up for the day
10:00AM on - Shower, grab a small breakfast and try to finish getting ready to get out the door
12:00PM - Aunt Marion calls to go for a walk
12:40 - We finally get out of the house for the walk because someone decided she wanted to eat again right before we left
1:15 - return home, pack up the baby and get in the car to run errands. Get down to the post office and realize that I left the diaper bag in the family room and have to return home. Someone wakes up in the car and starts crying for some more food. Into the house we go.
2:00 - we FINALLY leave the house
2:30 - Get to Babies R Us to exchange some diapers. Literally popped her car seat into the cart, ran inside to do the exchange. Realize while we are in line that Erin had decided to have a LARGE explosion in her pants. Run outside, drop the diapers off and grab the diaper bag (which I had left in the car because we were just RUNNING in). Go inside for the clean up.
4:00 Run to the mall. Once again - just running in for one small thing. Erin: Hungry again! Go to Nursing room for feeding.
4:30 - Finally get to MY food store for groceries.
5:00 - HUNGRY!!! Sat in Pharmacy department for 30 minutes
6:00 - In check out line. Pull away from the register and realize that I forgot the most important thing at the food store - FORMULA! Seriously?? Back into the store we go and back in line to wait some more.
7:00 - We arrive at home just in time to unload the car, unpack the groceries and have little Erin wake up from her nap :)
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
gotta love running errands with the kiddos! Believe me, you will get used to it the more you get out and about. Running errands with the girls is something I have always had to do a lot because of Robs travel, but seriously once the new baby comes what in the world am I going to do????? Do grocery stores deliver???
LOL! Hang in there! You figure out which stores work best for quick trips and which ones are better for tag teamed efforts. Makes it interesting, huh? :) you're doing great!
Post a Comment