Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

We survived

Joe and I traveled to Michigan this weekend to attend our friend, Adam Miller...aka just "Miller" wedding. He is the one that Joe went on his mancation with back in May!

We have known about this wedding since about the time that we found out we were expecting! It was an impending doom as we knew we would have to leave Erin if we wanted to go and really truly enjoy ourselves. I have been gearing up for it but we didn't decide until the last minute whether we were going or not because I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to leave her so soon!

Well...we did it! We all survived! Joe's mom watched the baby while we went away and we jumped on a plane and headed back to the Midwest. I did shed a few tears as we parted ways, but was we boarded the plane...I fell asleep before we even took off! I had been saying how well I had been sleeping ...blah, blah, blah...well the exhaustion came on full force and I.passed.out. I even slept in until 9:30 the next morning! I felt so rejuvenated.

The wedding was held at Michigan State University! What a fun time we had exploring the school grounds, hand in hand, and taking a peak at the Football Stadium. We even got to try out the ice cream store on campus that is operated by the local dairy farms at the University. I tried "Buckeye Blitz" which was peanut butter ice cream with chunks of buckeyes inside! FANTASTIC!!!! Joe had "Nittany White Out" which was a white chocolate ice cream with something inside (but I don't remember.) We headed back for the Nuptials and enjoyed the evening with a few of our friends.

The wedding was held outside in the gardens on campus. The attire was beautiful and the bride was gorgeous! After the wedding, we headed back to the reception and danced the night away! There were a few funny highlights from the reception....I'll share more with pictures in the next post.

Of course, our weekend couldn't be perfect! As we traveled back on Sunday, we had a few delays but eventually made it home to our chubby, gummy smile, happy baby!!! I couldn't wait to hold her in my arms! I thoroughly enjoyed a weekend with my husband and I look forward to doing it again...but nothing is as wonderful as seeing your child smile..happy that you are home!

I will share a few more photos once I get them downloaded! Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Miller!!! Thank you for allowing us to share in your day!


1 comment:

BuckeyeBundle said...

Glad you had a nice time! And good for you for getting some Joe and Kiki time! :) must.FaceTime soon!