Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Week 25

Alright, Alright...finally I have time to make a post! :) I would like to think that a lot has happened in the last few weeks for me to be so delayed...So, let's begin.

Three weeks ago, Joe and I went down to Philly for a Flyers game! Unfortunately, we didn't get to see the Flyers win, but we DID get to go baby furniture shopping. We started off visiting a store in Easton, but it did not live up to their website. We were a little disappointed in the selection and the store.  Joe did find however an amazing baby furniture store in Philly and we were happy to find exactly what we were looking for. We stopped by after the game.   I won't share yet...but it's going to be beautiful room (if I do say so myself.) The next morning, we actually sat down and decided on bedding as well! I would say a very productive weekend.

Last weekend, not much went on.  Joe went to Philly for a guys night out to watch the Flyers play. Once again, they lost, but we still have hope for a great season. I went to Babies-R-Us to begin our registry. Seriously...do there have to be so many types of different bottles and stuff to choose from. I think I stood STARING at the wall of bottles for about 20 minutes before I kindly asked two other mothers in the aisles how they chose the bottle of their choice. After that, I did reach out to a few friends for their input as well. Baby registry is nothing like wedding registries where you walk in and pick out things because you want them and like them. Baby items are a necessity and items that you NEED and HAVE To HAVE!!
This week, not much to update personally, but I did get to visit with the Weinermobile at work! ha ha! This is an event marketing campaign that Kraft has. They hire college graduates to travel the country and do event marketing events. Well, last weekend was the Annual Wilkes-Barre St. Patrick's Day Parade. Speaking of...Happy Belated St. Patrick's Day! Kraft had four "floats" entered into the parade including the Weinermobile. Well, luckily for those of us that didn't get to go to the parade, they stayed around and payed our office a visit Monday morning.

Weinermobile 2011

This weekend...again not much on the books. We have a lot of little projects to do. Joe wants to replace our mailbox, I need to finish our wedding album, we need to order office furniture for our basement (we are moving our office for the nursery.) So, it should hopefully be another productive weekend :) Oh...wait...did I forget to mention March Madness! This will once again consume the Cavanaugh household. Joe and I are not huge basketball fans...but we are always eager for a little competition. So whether or not we are watching the games, we will be watching our brackets to see who wins!!

Now...for some baby updates. I have definitely been putting on the baby belly. I've noticed more weight gain in my face and my legs than any other part of my body. Hopefully with this nice weather we should be getting (hint of sarcasm) I can get outside more and walk. Yesterday, it was 73 degrees out so Joe, Abbie and myself took about a 45 minute walk. It was glorious! Seriously! Absolutely wonderful to get outside and enjoy the fresh air! But..again today it is back in the 40's and it will remain there for the rest of the week with mixes of rain and snow. UGH! Oh well...it will get nice again right?

Week 23
Week 24
Week 25
Your baby continues to grow and develop inside of you. Measuring about 13 inches long, he weighs approximately 1 1/2 lbs. In the coming weeks, your baby will continue to grow and mature at a fast rate, gaining some baby fat and filling out his long, lean frame.
As he gains weight, his skin begins to become less wrinkled and he begins to look more and more like a newborn. Also, his skin is finally gaining some color. His hands are fully developed by this week, fingerprints and all! And at 25 weeks, the structure of the spine is beginning to form.

2 comments:

Erin said...

you look like an adorable glowing pregnant woman! I can't wait to see the furniture and bedding! Try to not stress about the registry, you will add and remove things non stop on line anyway:) Thanks for the update! Hope you guys get to see a flyers win soon!
miss ya

Ashley said...

I vote for Tommee Tippee bottles! Peyton loves them; although she wasn't very picky. She also uses Avent and in a pinch, her Medela bottles I pump with.

Also, don't waste your money on 4 oz bottles. She'll be drinking 5+ after a month!